Why Visitors Not Buying? Series 2 of 5 - Best Seller Thought Process

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing Discussion Forum' started by Rehan Khan, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Rehan Khan

Rehan Khan Well-Known Member

If you haven't red the first article in this series please read it first Why Visitors Not Buying?

In the last article I have discussed about buying thought process but I didn't discussed specifically about different type of buying thought process.

Reason I have made this a series because there are 4 most common buying thought processes and each requires explanation.

By using these 4 techniques you can target your website visitors with endless thought possibilities that will increase your website conversions and turn your struggling site into a virtual money making machine.

Buying Thought Process 1: Bestsellers Thought Process

This is the most important and most used thought process. In this thought process we look for a best product for our specific need. An example is, “Which is the best electric shower on the market?”, “Which is the best wireless keyboard”?, “Which is the best plumbing company in London?”.

Bestsellers thought process occurs in pretty much all industries and the first thing you should do is to write an article or articles about your best selling products. If you are an affiliate marketer, then write a bestseller article about the product you are targeting on Amazon, Click Bank etc... Let me explain it you, you have different types of phones on your website.

You can go on Google and type your keyword something like:

[​IMG]
    You see, Google is giving you suggestions for what topics you should write about. People are searching for them and looking for bestsellers. Now you have titles of your articles you simply go and pick the top 3 to 5 best phones on your website. If you are an Amazon affiliate then you go to Amazon and select the best products. Amazon actually helps you find the best products by providing 5 star reviews as well as bestsellers.

[​IMG]

Start writing an article and make sure your article is not a one-sided article. The article should give information about which are the top 3 or 5 phones and why? Let them make their decision and give them links to appropriate products so they can buy the product from your website or if you are an affiliate from your affiliate link. You can do this with any product niche.

Article Layout Example

<H1> Headline:
    BEST CORDLESS PHONES FOR BT LINES

Subheading:

<H2> THE TOP 3 CORDLESS PHONES PICKS - WHICH ONES TO GET, AND WHY?

1. Introduction Paragraph
    2. Discuss all three phones one by one in two to three paragraph each
    3. In-depth features at a Glance (Discuss features of each phone one by one in bullets)
    4. Which of these is the best pick, and Why? (Pick the one you wanted to sell and give your reasons)
    5. Our Pick (Repeat the name of your best pick phone for endorsement.

Make sure you add call to actions with each product so they can click and go to appropriate product page.

You can follow same method for any product.

Here are two more examples…
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can write all day and all night about your products, based on suggestions Google is providing you. If you don’t like writing an article no problem go to Fiverr.com or Elance.com and pay someone a few dollars to the write articles on the topics related to your product or products.

When traffic lands on your articles they will read them, because you left them no option to leave the page, and chances are they will like one and click on the appropriate link to buy. You are making their decision making life easy and directing them where to buy best selling product they are looking for. The more you help them to make a decision the more chance they will buy from you. I know it is tedious to go on Google and type different word variations using A-Z combinations to see what people are searching. You don’t have to, there is an automated solution available. This solution can check all best selling variations for you on autopilot. Not only that, it can also check the other 3 remaining thought process keyword variations for you as well. The tool is Keyword Researcher. Keyword Researcher is hands-down one of the best tools out there for finding thought process keywords. They have a video available that tells you how Keyword Researcher works. So this ends the Bestselling thought process. And I am pretty sure you have a good idea of how to tackle this buying thought process.

In the part three of this series I am going to talk about our next thought process which is a pure goldmine that could raise your conversions literally overnight.

5 Part Series Continues - Click Below

Part 3 - Featured Based Thought Process

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. Steve Waller

Steve Waller Well-Known Member

That's a really interesting way of constructing content Rehan - I haven't ever come across the technique before.

It makes a lot of sense though because of the whole social proof thing - people like to buy what others have bought before them. It represents a much lower level of risk because they think "everyone can't be wrong" and "I want to be like them" or "I want to fit in".

Just so I'm sure, is Keyword Researcher made by Clever Gizmos?

Rehan Khan likes this.
  3. Rehan Khan

Yes, Steve Waller Keyword Researcher is made by Clever Gizmos :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    William Murray likes this.
  4. Dan Tredo

Dan Tredo Well-Known Member

Brilliant again Rehan. This is opening up a brave new world for me in researching how to think like segments of the market think. In addition to what Steve Waller said about social proof, it also positions you as an authority because you are writing a review and doing it the right way. That alone can set you apart from the crowd. Thanks Rehan for Part 2; looking forward to Part 3.

William Murray and Rehan Khan like this.
  5. William Murray

William Murray Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Rehan !

I'm looking forward to part III being released, really enjoying your tutorials and the way you break them down :)

I've never tried to put a review site together for Amazon or 'other', and you're inspiring me to at least experiment and put something out there : )

Keep them coming buddy!

Rehan Khan and Mike Newton like this.
  6. Mike Newton

Mike Newton Administrator Staff Member

Ditto! I second that... Cheers Rehan

Rehan Khan and William Murray like this.
  7. Sue Fleckenstein

Sue Fleckenstein Well-Known Member

Thanks Rehan, enjoying this series and looking forward to the next installment!

Rehan Khan likes this.
  8. Rehan Khan

Thanks William Murray I will write and upload the third part tomorrow. Just to let you know that the techniques I am discussing here do work. Amazon associate is not something I live on. I actually tested it on amazon to see if it works. When I saw that it really works I started to implement this same technique for my clients e-commerce websites. So the Amazon was only a testing ground for me :)

At the end of the day, What 1 Client Pay Me = At least 50 Amazon affiliate sites.

Created few websites around 6 month back. Each have around 3 to 4 articles max. I still get commissions from them. Its not huge but it proves that if you keep writing those articles your commissions grows as well. For individual e-commerce websites this technique is goldmine if they adapt it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    David Taylor and William Murray like this.
  9. William Murray

William Murray Administrator Staff Member

Top tip right there Rehan using Amazon sites as a test bed the rolling out to a commerce site, now you're putting really cool ideas into my head :D

Thanks!

Rehan Khan likes this.
  10. Lee Cole

Lee Cole Active Member

Great post about buyer psychology! People don't want to make a mistake, waste their money, get disappointed. So, they follow the herd. Sometimes the herd is right. Often. (Sometimes not.) Cool keyword stuff that we can use to optimize not only written content, but videos, etc.

11. Ian Ralphs

Ian Ralphs Well-Known Member

Great article Rehan - the good old long tail!!

It's all very much tied in with the whole buying cycle and the stage that a potential visitor is at.....an example that often gets referenced is around printers
    • people researching for keywords such as 'printers' are being pretty non-specific, and they may be looking for desktop printer, even a local printing company.....and are very much in the research phase
    • people who maybe look then for a 'colour printer' or a 'HP Printer' are likely to be further along in the research phase, as they have been more specific in terms of what they are looking for
    • 'Cheap printer cartridge' is then moving into the buying phase, as the 'cheap' term is a clearer indication of intent to buy, but still probably at the research/comparison phase, as its fairly non-specific
    • 'Buy HP colour printer cartridge' - much more specific now, and the buying signal is getting hotter
    • 'Buy HP 36123 black laser printer cartridge' - hot hot hot - buying intent, coupled with specific model and brand information, this searcher is hot to buy.....They know exactly what they want, and is now likely to be influenced by prices, shipping costs and customer reviews
    And like you say, Amazon are the daddy for lessons in how to do it right!!

12. Rehan Khan

Great step by step approach Ian Ralphs

After best seller thought process the remaining 3 thought process I will unfold the most common buyers thought process. But you hit the nail on the head :)

13. Rehan Khan

Thanks Lee Cole

I have seen many people talks about long tail keywords and how to find them etc... But never saw anyone talks about thought process and how to create content for each thought process etc...

People start writing content in their own style but later got dishearten because the content does not lead to sales. And this is the very reason I am unfolding this technique here so everyone can benefit from it. I have tested this on Amazon affiliate as well as on my client e-commerce sites and its doing pretty well :)

14. Carl Picot

Carl Picot Active Member

I think you should release your own WSO on this Rehan :) All you will need is a pic of you next to a hired Ferrari and some proof on income lol

Seriously thins is a great new perspective on writing good content that is both Google and Buyer friendly ... cool!!

15. Rehan Khan

lol.... Hire a Ferrari I like that :)

16. Sherry Fields

Sherry Fields VIP Member Staff Member

Thanks Rehan, another top level post. The comparative analysis is a great way to engage your visitor as well. The longer they stay on your site reading your comparisons/watching your videos the better Google likes your site :), and we all know where that leads ... more Google love :D

I appreciate the way you have broken the process down in your summary - makes good notes to follow quickly.

17. Ian Ralphs

Ian Ralphs Well-Known Member

If I had one, I'd lend you mine ;-)

18. Tania Shipman

Tania Shipman Well-Known Member

What a fantastic idea for creating content. I love the
    Best Seller Thought Process and will certainly be trying this.

19. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Thanks again Rehan for another excellent article. I have always avoided learning about keywords as usually it made my head hurt, but your explanations make a lot of sense to me. Thanks for the clear explanations. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

All the best,

David