Use Pinterest as your marketplace!

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing Discussion Forum' started by Alessandro Zamboni, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Alessandro Zamboni

Alessandro Zamboni VIP Member

Sometimes we forgot Pinterest in our daily strategies. It's important to say that nowadays the 70% of Pinterest users consider it the best source for ideas about things to purchase, and with almost 70 millions of members, it's a huge social network. Said that, if you market your products on the right way, you will sell a lot by using the hidden Pinterest power...

For anything you do online, I think that, like me, you have a real business. So the first step is converting your Pinterest account in a Business account. It's pretty simple, and you can do it from this url: http://business.pinterest.com. If you prefer you can even create a new account, just for business purposes, like I did. It's simple and you are guided with easy steps.

In a few minutes you will be ready to take care of your business account. If you are an affiliate, I suggest to open some good boards about affiliate products, for example. On my account I've opened a board for every internet marketing niche, placing the product images with my affiliate links (masked) into the description, with a smart two lines review.

Pinterest SEO

Now it's time to enhance the SEO of your new business page. Once your account is ready, be sure to optimize your account name with your company name, if characters will fit. Otherwise choose a good name that fits well. Now move to the About page, and enter a good company description, filling it with your most converting keywords, like you would make creating an article for submission. Even for creating new boards, use good keywords as a title, as this will help you more.

Then try to include always your site link and direct links in every pin you create, and on your profile. This will enhance your inbound links and will drive more people to your website or blog. Last but not least, in every pin you make, include hashtags, as Pinterest supports them really well. They are fundamental for your pins, and they help a lot!

Finally, try to include the product name in every promotional pin, and use all the 500 characters you've at your disposal to create a good text, for search engines. With these simple tips, every pin can drive more traffic to your site than a normal pin.

Increase the reach of your pins

To increase the final reach of your pins, be sure to use superb images, colorful that leaves no doubt about your product that you want to sell. Place them in the right category, and participate sharing your images in other boards! For my example I used the product covers.

Pinterest Contests

Another good solution to increase sales is the use of contests, where you can get back thousands of repins, shares and likes. A good contest can bring to your site thousands of visitors, and your associated image can get a huge share.All you need to do is create a great image on your main blog or website, where you will put tp the rules of the contest. Something easy to comprehend, like:
    • Product to be won
    • Number of winners
    • Method to enter the contest
    A good idea can be to ask people to follow your Pinterest Profile as a first step, to repin from 1 to 4 of your pins, and to signup to a website form by entering their Pinterest username and their best email (so you can build your list by one way, and get their names to be extracted for the contest). This idea, if configured properly, can give you a big advantage and advertise for your brand name. And a few products to share are not a problem in this case!

Pinterest coupons

The last method I will share is the creation of coupons, to share on your Pinterest boards. People loves to get the opportunity to purchase a product with a good discount, or to get a good offer for a special price, and you will see all of this just making a simple try.

Set your coupon on your website, like for contests, and people will move to your site. Design a good image, and includes these hashtags: #coupon, #discount, #free, and #deal to be found elsewhere and to be collected in boards dedicated to coupons only. This will grow your reach.

I recommend to use this technique on your own products, or on PLR/MRR products, offering a good discount to the final price.

So you've learned some exclusive methods to get the best from Pinterest. Stay on this social network, because when sales start to come, they're impossible to stop! Add all your affiliate products to your boards, on daily basis, or your favorite affiliate products from Amazon. You will see how many sales these techniques can drive.

Thanks so much and see you soon,
    Alessandro Zamboni

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  2. Brad Gosse

Brad Gosse VIP Member

Dude this was great info and perfect timing for me just building up the Pinterest account. I am going to have hashtags added to everything and definitely going to run a coupon promo thanks!!

Check out our pinboard for VectorToons: http://www.pinterest.com/vectortoons/vector-illustrations/

3. Alessandro Zamboni

Wow, thanks Brad! It's great you appreciated my info about Pinterest! Your vector board is incredible, and I'm sure it will attract lots of buyers :)

The coupon can be your final touch.

Thanks again and see you soon!
    Alessandro

4. Rehan Khan

Rehan Khan Well-Known Member

Thanks Alessandro Zamboni

I must admit I am not very good at pinterest. This comes on right time because my new client deals in pillow covers, quilts, curtains etc... He runs a successful e-commerce store and I think pinterest could drive some serious buying traffic to his website.

5. Alessandro Zamboni

Thank you Rehan! This method is especially good for shops with an eCommerce store, so I'm glad you found it at the right time :)

If you need any help in the process, don't hesitate to post here!

See you soon,
    Alessandro

6. Lee Cole

Lee Cole Active Member

Damn, Alessandro! You should charge for this! Seriously. I was just about to start figuring all this out. Thanks!

7. Alessandro Zamboni

Ahah thank you Lee, I will see what can I do with an extended step by step version :) Glad you liked it!

See you soon and have a good Sunday!
    Alessandro

8. Graham Hawarth

Graham Hawarth VIP Member

Oh man Alessandro is there anything you don't know about in the IM biz?
    I've been on Pinterest for a couple of years and only played with it. Now with your info I can make a difference to my business.
    You're one cool guy - thanks for all you helpful posts.

9. Gordon Russell

Gordon Russell VIP Member

You just keep dishing out the good stuff young man.
    Thanks for sharing another gem with us.

I'll join Lee in say that you've got to start charging for some of this or at the least, put a link to a JV page if you're selling it already.

10. Alessandro Zamboni

Thank you Graham, I'm happy to give everyone in this forum some good advantages :) and my reward is helping people in getting success!

See you soon,
    Alessandro

11. Alessandro Zamboni

Hi Gordon, thanks for your message :)
    I will seriously think about it!

See you soon,
    Alessandro

12. Chris Dolan

Chris Dolan Member

Great information Alessandro. Thanks for sharing this. I agreed with all the positive feedback above!

13. Dan Tredo

Dan Tredo Well-Known Member

I just got to this post Alessandro - I didn't know anything about Pintrest, but you just opened my eyes. I agree with Gordon - you have amazing depth of knowledge in IM and I so appreciate that you are in this group. I'm not ready to implement this yet, but now I'm at least aware of it and will come back to this when I'm ready. Thanks!

14. Lisa Allen

Lisa Allen Member

I have to chime in and say I wholeheartedly concur on the value of Pinterest for driving traffic, building brand visibility, and making sales.

I've got into it when it was just starting to get hot in late 2011 and to this day, it is still my number one source of blog and commerce store traffic.

The fascinating thing about Pinterest traffic too is that it is consistent and doesn't die off as quickly as other platforms because the pins don't become virtually invisible in just a few hours.

We quit working our Pinterest account on Jan 17th when we closed our commerce store, but the site and it's blog is still getting 350+ visits a day courtesy of Pinterest.

One or two points that I haven't seen mentioned here yet:
    1. It's important to not only pin your own things, as pinterest users respond best to a mixture of material and you'll gain brand loyalty from delivering other things of value along with your own content.

2. And like most of the other social media platforms, the number of followers you can accrue makes a difference in your level of effectiveness. Many of the same tactics that work on twitter, ALSO work on pinterest for getting followers.

Great post Alessandro!

-Lisa

15. Alessandro Zamboni

Thanks Dan, I'm happy to bring some fresh air in the world of IM. If you will ever need help with your Pinterest profile, let me know!

See you soon,
    Alessandro

16. Alessandro Zamboni

Wow Lisa, thanks for adding your magic touch!
    You added an important thing by testifying how Pinterest worked well for your business! Glad to know it! I'm just sorry for the close of your commerce store :( but I know you have a lot of other cool ideas!

Thanks so much and see you soon,
    Alessandro

17. Lisa Allen

Lisa Allen Member

Hey don't be sorry! We closed it because we WANTED to. :) Tired of packing boxes and wanted to do something a little more fluid.

But Pinterest will be figuring prominently in our traffic generation strategy for all of our new sites too :)

18. Alessandro Zamboni

Thank you Lisa, happy it was just a choice :) I comprehend the stress of making packages, because my mother had a gift shop and she shipped tons of packages!

See you soon,
    Alessandro

19. Lisa Allen

Lisa Allen Member

Seeing is believing-- you guys who might still be on the fence, check out yesterday's Pinterest referrer stats from the ecommerce & blog site I mentioned above.

[​IMG]

This is the site that I have stopped doing anything with for the last 3 weeks. Yesterday's Pinterest traffic was a whopping 515 visitors.

20. Alessandro Zamboni

Wow, this is awesome! 311 visits in just one day from Pinterest!
    Thanks for the share Lisa!

See you soon,
    Alessandro