Simple Software Development for YOU (yes you)!

Discussion in 'Members Products For Sale' started by Les Blythe, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Les Blythe

Les Blythe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Okay, so we pretty much know that software has a much higher perceived value to potential customers than a boring old PDF (Yawn!), report, review, interview, your life story - whatever.

But, mention producing software to your average marketer and be careful you don't get trampled as he runs the other way. It's just thought of as too difficult, costly, risky and a downright pain in the backside.

Well I'm here to tell you differently.

Anyone (YOU) - can make a simple piece of software to sell for serious cash or to give away (to build a list for example). Yes anyone.

Now before you get all hung up on the programming geek fest aspect of producing software, take a deep breath and relax. What I know about programming you could write on a postage stamp and still have room for your autobiography. There is hope for us average Joes!

In this particular case, our salvation comes in the form of software rapid development tools. "Okay so what's one of them then" I hear you ask?

Well, as the name suggests, it's a tool that let's you make software quickly (duh! obviously). What it actually is, is a piece of software that allows you you to make software - a bit like the film "I Robot" where robots are making robots, scary stuff.

The cool thing is that it has a user friendly GUI (graphical user interface) that make the learning curve virtually zero and you can be producing very usable software within minutes. No - I didn't believe it either but you can, honest.

With these tools and a bit of imagination, you can produce simple software that people will be only to happy to download and use. Absolutely ideal for the one product, one solution market.

This is not theory by the way. I've done it and am a member of a group that profits substantially, to the point making a full time living, from this stuff. And if a technically challenged Scottish refugee can get his head round this (I live in South Africa now), I'm sure you can

Here's the good (and bad) news.

Let's start with the good news first - I wrote a Kindle book about how I built an online business turning over $3000+ a month with just ONE product I made in about half a day.

More good news. right now as I write this, my book is on free promotion in the Amazon Kindle store - so go grab it, tell your friends, Tweet, Facebook, G+, Linkedin - you get the picture. Even leave a review on Amazon if you like it.

Even more good news - you don't actually need a Kindle device to read it. You can also read it on your PC, Mac, smart phone or tablet.

Bet your're just waiting for the bad news - eh?

Well, the bad news is that it's only available free for a very limited time. Kindle Direct Publishing limits how long you can give your book away for free. So, if you miss it, you may have to pay me a paltry sum (and it is paltry) for my efforts.

So, don't delay - get it now while it's free. If you miss the freebie, buy it anyway :)

Here are the main links in Kindle United States and United Kingdom.

US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E655O4C

and

UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E655O4C

This can seriously open your mind up to the possibilities of easily producing simple software.

Hint: No programmer required

Hope you get value from it.

Les Blythe
    lesblythe.com

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  2. Miguel Perez

Miguel Perez Member

Got it! I'll read it later and publish a review for you.

3. Les Blythe

Nice one Miguel - I'd appreciate the review, thanks. Don't forget to spread the word to as many people as possible before the free period expires :)

4. Gordon Russell

Gordon Russell VIP Member

Anyone know what sound a Scottish refugee, living in South Africa makes when he is excited about his Kindle book getting lots of downloads.

Goes something like this:
    Ah, look, look, look, look 82
    Ah, look, look, look, look 91
    Ah, look, look, look, look 115
    Sounds a bit like a chicken laying an egg.

Les tells me it is up to Ah, look, look, look, look 564, but I am sure that will increase before he finishes taking a shower.

Anyone like to join me in sharing this post for the old dear, because I think we can get an egg out of him as soon as it hits 1,000 downloads.

5. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes VIP Member

Grabbed one, Les Blythe...I read it a bit later today and leave a review as well.

Thanks!

Gordon Russell likes this.
  6. Les Blythe

Cool David - much appreciated.

Update:
    I just updated my Premium members with the stats 24 hrs into the free promo, (we're now 5 1/2 hours into day 2) here are the numbers at that point:

Downloads: 557
    Ranked: #559 in the entire Kindle Free Store
    In it's category: #4

I'm shooting for 2,500 downloads during the 5 day free promo :)

7. Steve Waller

Steve Waller Well-Known Member

Got a copy - will give it a read!

8. Les Blythe

Nice one Steve - hope you enjoy the read!

9. Les Blythe

Guys, thanks to all who supported my book - much appreciated!

If you haven't yet done so, please grab your free copy now as the free promotion ends in 2.5 hours!

If you've had a copy and enjoyed it, I would really appreciate a positive review over at Amazon - it helps a lot :)

As of now 1415 downloads, would love to make it over the 1500 mark.

Many thanks and once again - what a great community we have here!

Here's the link again.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E655O4C

10. William Murray

William Murray Administrator Staff Member

Great results Les :)

Gordon Russell and Les Blythe like this.
  11. Les Blythe

Thanks William - the final figure is 1439 downloads worldwide. I'm pretty happy with that.

Now, if anyone wants to go and buy it (cheap)...

12. Tania Shipman

Tania Shipman Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the downloads.

Gordon Russell and Les Blythe like this.
  13. Les Blythe

Thanks Tania - as I say, I'm pretty happy with the result and already preparing the next one, going out a week tomorrow, TOTALLY different subject matter this time :)

14. Tania Shipman

Tania Shipman Well-Known Member

Les, just letting you know that I'm buying it and amazon US is saying it's $3.59 however your description says $2.99 and it's regularly $4.99 I'm not going to quibble over .50 however it looks odd. http://screencast.com/t/MrpnRrVDuF6w

15. Andrew Beveridge

Andrew Beveridge New Member

I too shall do my duty and download and leave a review.

16. Gordon Russell

Gordon Russell VIP Member

It is his theme Tania (looks odd).
    You should see him on camera.
    And the whole Scottish refugee in South Africa thing, I'm not sure what that's all about.

Nice to see you in here Tania.
    Give him hard time if you like, he's got thick skin :p

Tania Shipman likes this.
  17. Mick Menesse

Mick Menesse Member

Hi Les, I missed the free version but it looks like a good read so i'll pick it up anyway and it's something that interests me too .
    Good luck with the sales.

18. Mick Menesse

Mick Menesse Member

Bought it and promoted it across the social networks too ;)

19. Les Blythe

Hey Tania - yes I'm not sure why Amazon does that. I set the price at $2.99 but when I look on the Amazon page it's different. On my authors page it definitely shows the correct price. I'll just take out the $2.99 bit to save confusion. Probably whispernet delivery costs or similar Thanks for the heads up :)

20. Les Blythe

Thanks for the support all of you guys. If you enjoy the book a positive review is a huge help with sales :)