Question about getting affiliates through JVZoo

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Stephen Edwards, Nov 14, 2017 at 8:51 AM.

1. Stephen Edwards

Stephen Edwards New Member

Quick question about affiliate requests: Are their stats tracked by JV Zoo or do affiliates submit them themselves? I ask because I get requests from people overseas that seem to have pretty high numbers (i.e. 1000+ sales with a 13.8 return rate or 500+ with a 10.3 return rate) but when I ask to speak with them or ask them to register with us (simple questions like name, phone etc.), they don't follow through. I'm a bit wary about people from overseas repping our products without some sort of interaction beyond a simple affiliate request, but perhaps I'm a bit too overcautious, as their numbers would suggest they're legit, right? Thoughts?

Mike Newton likes this.
  2. Mike Newton

Mike Newton Administrator Staff Member

As a Vendor you can track the following Affiliate stats: Affiliate, Sold, Refunds, Product, Status (Instant payment, delayed, etc.), Commission %, Date, Notes. There is always going to be an element of risk. Some precautions you might take include delaying payment, etc.

Stephen Edwards likes this.
  3. Stephen Edwards

Stephen Edwards New Member

Thank you. Do you happen to know if sites like JVZoo monitor affiliates for bad reputations or complaints? There arent't any reviews for vendors, so you can only rely upon their sales stats. Also, I have an affiliate that contacted me about 6 weeks ago and I havent approved them yet. I noticed that their stats have remained exactly the same. The sales are kept general, of course (500+/1000+ etc) but I would imagine if theyre selling, then their return rate would be decreasing or increasing. Is this a sign of caution? I'm just curious as to whether affiliates can manipulate stats artificially.

Mike Newton likes this.
  4. Mike Newton

Mike Newton Administrator Staff Member

Some Vendors set a criteria such as the following example:
    Less than 25 sales: Delayed
    More than 25: Instant
    Naturally, you can change the figures to suit yourself.

Generally speaking, the higher the affiliates sales, the more sales they can potentially make. You can also try checking their previous sales for some sort of track record.

As far as I know, they will be banned for breaking any JVZoo TOS or scamming vendors. However,
    this may take a while to come about. Therefore, you have to watch your own back as much as possible.

The stats may be the same and you could take a cautionary approach. They may have legitimate reasons of course. Illness, personal issues, newbie, etc. You could check their profile and possibly find them on FB or the Warrior Forum. Google their name, etc.

In the end, you can only do your best to do your due diligence and then bite the bullet and take a calculated risk. Usually for new affiliates or those with low sales, it is best to delay payment. The exception being, if you are doing a special promotion or something like that where you wish to promise Instant commissions, etc.