Pinterest Wants More Male Engagement

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing Discussion Forum' started by Sherry Fields, May 29, 2015.

?

Do You Think Pinterest Will Be Viable For Male Pins?

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, but on a limited scale

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sherry Fields

Sherry Fields VIP Member Staff Member

Currently 71% of Pinterest users are female, because the beginnings were seen as a digital scrapbook site, which tends to be a female dominated trend.

"Still, as more people browse through Pinterest to organize and share images so they can plan their dream wedding, remodel their homes, try a new recipe and more, the San Francisco-based startup valued at $11 billion could become an advertising powerhouse, analysts say."

To encourage male participation Pinterest started filtering searches by gender. Pinterest does not readily share its users numbers has indicated than male users are growing and now make 1/3 of all signups. It still has a long way to go to be more equally balanced between male and female users - but Pinterest is working at it. More male bloggers are seeing the value in posting to Pinterest as a way to get followers to their blogs, signup for their email and in the long run make sales.

You can read the article by Queenie Wong here

Paul Reaume and Mike Newton like this.
  2. Mike Newton

Mike Newton Administrator Staff Member

That's an interesting statistic Sherry and while I knew that there predominantly more females engaging on Pinterest, I didn't realize the numbers were that high.

Paul Reaume likes this.
  3. Paul Reaume

Paul Reaume Moderator Staff Member

I think it will become more popular with men as it becomes a more business driven platform.

Mike Newton likes this.