Hello from Peterborough UK

Discussion in 'Say Hello And Introduce Yourself' started by Abbas Ravji, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Abbas Ravji

Abbas Ravji VIP Member

Hi guys

My name is Abbas Ravji, I'm 32 years old, I'm married and have 2 beautiful children (1 girl and 1 boy) - I also have a Pet Parrot (African Grey)

I have been working full time online for about 5-6 years now and specialize in automated software solutions for traffic generation and website promotion.

As well as selling to internet marketers we also sell to local businesses and have recently started to explore selling via phones and have recruited our first telesales staff.

I've heard great things about this place and I'm eager to learn and grow, I'm just not sure why it took me so long to join ....

I am here to share my knowledge and offer any assistance and support I can.

Very glad to be here and looking forward to connecting

Thanks

Abbas Ravji

2. Steve Waller

Steve Waller Well-Known Member

Hi Abbas.

Welcome to the team here at JVFocus; it's a great place to get help and advice should ever need any and of course to build partnerships for current and future projects.

I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts and insights as you participate in the various conversations going on.

Steve

3. Sherry Fields

Sherry Fields VIP Member Staff Member

Hi Abbas and welcome, there is a great spirit among the members here. You can find help, support and useful critiquing if necessary.

I will look forward to hearing more about your internet opportunities, thanks for joining.

4. J Garces Jr

J Garces Jr VIP Member

Hi Abbas! Welcome to the group :)

What platform do you use for your automated software solutions? I used to code in VB6 (and .Net), but I find them a bit antiquated now. Now I focus more on web programming (php, js, mysql, etc.).

5. Darren Jennings

Darren Jennings VIP Member

Hi Abbas welcome to the group, I live just up the road from you in Kettering..... Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from your expertise in the software field.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  6. Ali Grey

Ali Grey Well-Known Member

Welcome buddy, glad to have you here!

7. Abbas Ravji

Abbas Ravji VIP Member

Thanks J Garces Jr,

The majority of our work is .NET asp.net and c# based - We occasionally work with php and mysql but the majority of our own work that is server side is done using asp.net & mssql databases.

I don't personally code any more but when I did it was doing very basic stuff, my skills didn't allow me to create the kind of tools I wanted. So instead I started of with freelancers which then lead to full time work.

I'm guessing what you create in 1 language can be replicated in another, some languages might be easier to work with, others might be used due to the coders preference and other times due to the language being the best fit, providing the most suitable control and offering the best performance once built.

No matter what language you decide to build your tool in, you just need to be sure the language you choose is suitable, provides all the control you need and is more then adequate to build the type of application that you need.

PHP is a great language to know. I would love to have a great PHP coder on my team but I just don't ever have enough PHP work to keep someone on full time. In the past I had the occasional freelancer but when tools required updates then it meant waiting - if your selling applications then users appreciate updates asap. So we only do basic PHP work and if I do outsource some work which later requires tweaks then my coders are normally good to make changes.

Thanks

8. Abbas Ravji

Abbas Ravji VIP Member

Thanks Darren Jennings

Yes Kettering is not far at all.

Wicksteed park is a place I frequently visit with the family during the summer :)

Great place, the kids love it :)

9. J Garces Jr

J Garces Jr VIP Member

Yeah, I sometimes get stuck for hours trying to figure out complex stuff because of my limited skill set. But at the same time, it's also how I've gotten better at coding... just not giving up until I find a solution :)

I outsource too. Huge time saver.

10. Gordon Russell

Gordon Russell VIP Member

Welcome Abbas,
    Great to have you here and hope to hear more about what and how you're doing things.

11. William Murray

William Murray Administrator Staff Member

Hey Abbas

Great to see you here buddy, and thanks for taking the time to write an introduction, anything at all I can help with you know how to reach me :)

Cheryl Johnson likes this.
  12. Cheryl Johnson

Cheryl Johnson VIP Member

Hi Abbas! It's so great to see you! ^-^

As William said, if you need anything at all, just let us know, and we'll do what we can to help! :D

I hope that you enjoy it here! ^_^

13. Jay Poole

Jay Poole Active Member

Hey Abbs,

Nice to see you in here too. As I've mentioned to you before, I'm just down the road - probably mid-way between yourself and Darren in Kettering.

cheers,

Jay

14. Sue Fleckenstein

Sue Fleckenstein Well-Known Member

Welcome to our group. Live not far from Peterborough but in Ontario not the U.K. :)

Tags: Abbas ravji, abbs